Questions regarding the students who have already joined the scholarship program:
- To what extent the student can spend the money deposited into his bank account?
Can the student travels to other countries during his study years?
The student has to check with the students’ foreign affairs office in his university for the proper procedures which should not violated by the student.
After reaching the United States or United Kingdom, it is hard to get to the Iraqi cultural Attaché as it sometimes very far away and that creates a problem. Please clarify?
- The monthly/basic stipend will be deposited in the student’s bank account. Money expenditure is up to the student (in order to cover living and accommodation fees) in addition to the money allocated for the student which can be transferred to his bank account based on official requests and approvals from HCED board of directors.
- If there are any emergency fees related to student’s study and research, HCED needs to be notified to get the appropriate approvals before taking any action. The money will be transferred directly to the implementing party bank account or to the student. The money will be spent based on official trusted receipts. Tuition fees will be directly transferred to the university.
- An email should be sent to the cultural attaché director containing student’s information like student’s name and address so that the director will be aware of student’s arrival date as well as filling in all required forms that will be sent to the cultural attaché office.
- The student should be in contact with HCED (as clarified in the orientation).
- The student can also be in contact with HCED through email and fax.
- Per the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research resolution which states that the student should complete two years of service prior to issuing the student a study leave. If the student was an employee in an agency other than a university and he hasn’t completed two years of service, can the student start the releasing procedures from his work without resignation with the possibility of resuming his work duties after completing his study?
- A request will be sent to your agency to facilitate the releasing procedures and according to the travel resolution which will be issued after completing the guarantee and study contract procedures. All HCED nominees have been excluded from the two years of service resolution.
- Does the higher committee for Education Development responsible for finding a job to the student after he gets back?
- The higher committee will work to find a mechanism where the student keeps in contact with the research and scientific institutions which makes it easier for the student to find a work opportunity at one of the government agencies after he gets back.
- How can I be in contact with the higher committee board and the scholarship program after joining the study?
- Contact can be made through the email address assigned to student’s follow-up issues. In addition, you can use your (ZenDesk) account which will be created for each student during the interview and before the departure. It is preferred to use this account if you want to send important or sensitive information.